Sunday, October 8, 2023

Two-Step Healing

One problem with putting a lot of type-A, over achieving athletes in one space is that there is bound to be some friction.  Jocelyn decided to fly her family in a week earlier than planned which meant our house was full.  Not only that but by that point in our training we were all a little tired and a little irritable.  It reached a point where I decided it was time for me to leave. It was only a day earlier than planned, but is still meant that I was feeling very lost and hurt.  I spent Saturday night crying because of what happened back at the house, and Jeremy rescued me by finding a convenient hotel for me to stay.  Sunday morning I woke up still feeling bruised from it all.  I went to church, which is always pleasant, and then I wanted to spend the rest of the day somewhere peaceful.  I decided to drive to Two-Step beach because I've always liked the atmosphere there.  Along the way I had a couple of "God is watching out for me" moments.  A barista decided to comp my sandwich, which felt so good because I didn't like to pay to eat out after church.  A man at a farmer's market gave me the last banana malasadas for free and I just started bawling.  Down on the beach I found a quiet place to eat my meal and just watch the moody sea and sky.  


For the first little while I watched snorkelers, then I was pleased to see dolphins come into the bay.  I watched them come up for air, splash around, and even jump and spin for us.  It was exciting.  I wish I could have been in the water with them.  


Once it began to rain I went back to my car feeling much better than I did when I arrived.  Two-Step is special.

No comments: