Friday, October 13, 2023

Final Race Prep with Jer

Ok, I guess there is no more time to be an athlete/tourist, it is time to get my head in the game and get ready for the race!  It was so weird, I wasn't nervous at all.  I don't know if it was because I had done this before or if I just felt incredibly prepared and confident, but this was going to be awesome.

Final swim


Bike and gear check-in


It's hard to really grasp why the transition on the pier feels so special.  But there's nothing like it.

And then, just like that...there was nothing else I needed to do that day except spend the day with Jeremy.  We took a few photos along Ali'i on our way back to the condo.  This banyan tree is one of Jeremy's favorite symbols in Kona.

I, for one, love the sea wall.

Last year I was mistaken for Chelsea Sodaro (last year's champion) four times.  This year it happened again.  I actually ran into her the week before to tell her what was happening.  I didn't get a picture with her because I didn't want to disturb her, but I regretted it.  I wanted to see if we really look similar side by side.  The next best thing I could do was to get a picture with her champion picture.  I think I can see what everyone is seeing here.  It's kind of fun.

There is a spot near the pier that has delicious pineapple soft serve.  You bet we each got a cup then sat down to watch the parade of athletes make their way to bike check in.  People watching is fun.

We knew we weren't going to have time for a photo shoot with my medal after the race, so we did a mini shoot the day before.  It is going to be a good day tomorrow.

No comments: