One of the prizes for the summer reading program this year were tickets to a Rapids game. Our summer was so wild that it took us months to redeem them, but when we finally did we had the sweet bonus of watching them play Real Salt Lake. Our family was a little divided on who to cheer for. Jeremy is obviously a die-hard RSL fan and persuaded the boys to cheer with him. The girls' loyalty lies with Colorado and they cheered for the Rapids. Even though Cambrie doesn't currently play, she still loves the game and it was actually a ton of fun cheering with her. I admit that it took me most of the game to choose a side, but in the end I had to go with the Rapids. I'm a sucker for home town fans. Things grew a little tense when we didn't know if the boys or girls were going to go home happy, but ultimately it all worked out. (I'm not even going to tell you who won that night).
Between the Dippin Dots and the family time, we decided it was a perfect family night.



No comments:
Post a Comment