Saturday, October 28, 2023

Trunk or Treating

We had THREE opportunities to go trunk-or-treating before Halloween this year.  Normally I don't pay much attention to the school events since the church event and actual trick-or-treating is so successful.  But this year I decided to say yes and we went to check them out.  The first night we went to Meridian.  The boys have been looking forward to any excuse to wear their costumes and this way they could show them off to their school friends.  Daxton went as an astronaut and Kelton went as a skeleton ninja.  

We had to wait in line with all the other excited kids, but that gave us a chance to meet up with Reece and we went around with us.

Look at all this candy!

The next night Legacy had their trick-or-treat street and haunted house.  Cambrie plays eerie music with the orchestra while she's there so it's fun to see her.  Kelton really just wanted to experience the haunted house.  Last year I was impressed by how spooky it actually was.  Daxton didn't want to endure that again so just Kelton and I went this year.  They do a very good job.

From there we picked up the Mowers and headed straight to the ward trunk-or-treat.  McKenzie's real Halloween costume is a little too spooky for a church event so she came up with a special one for the night-Cambrie.  She raided Cambrie's closet, covered her arms in paint and even wore her glasses.  More than one ward member mistook her for Cambrie that night.  


The boys ran around all night with their friends while I visited and ate dinner.  I decided to actually put some effort into my chili this year to see if I could win the chili cook-off.  I won the spicy category!  Honestly I was pretty happy with that.  In true Colorado form it decided to get really cold and snow while we were eating, so we had the trunk-or-treat inside.  The kids made their loops as usual and had full bags by the end of the night.  I love seeing the candy exchange when it's all over.  I am fascinated by the current candy currency exchange and what these kids think is worth trading for.  






Tonight's Rogers crew.

No comments: