The triathlon world is a small world, and you often run into people you know when you least expect it. Last November Carly ran into Jeremy at Ironman Arizona where she earned a Kona slot. Since then we've been in touch and it's been so fun. I haven't really talked to her since we graduated high school so reconnecting has been awesome. She needed a place to stay on the island for a couple of nights before the rest of her family arrived, so I invited her to stay with me. We spent two days together checking out the course, wandering the Expo, going to brunches, and doing all things Ironman. These events are so much better when you get to share them with someone! Thanks for being an awesome friend Car!
Women for Tri breakfast...with a view!
Introducing her to the Queen K
Checking out the swim course.
Pictures out at the coffee boat! I made it out there this year and I love this photo.
The expo and Ironman Village
Checking in baby! Last year this made me cry. This year I just smiled from ear to ear.
The parade of nations.
The underwear run. (Actually this was hilarious. As the runners came back to the finish I noticed they were being led by a five year old kid! The whole crowd decided to let him take the lead and I thought it was the sweetest thing ever.)
And a final beach shot. On our last night together we watched the sunset on the beach and it was spectacular.
















No comments:
Post a Comment