Friday, October 6, 2023

Cup Filling Moments

In between the craziness of training I still took a few moments to fill my cup in other ways.  I was FINALLY able to make it to the temple.  Each time we've visited the island in the past, the temple has been closed.  I was hoping that because I was there earlier this time that I would get to go inside.  Well, they are closing the temple for two years for renovations.  The only time available was a quick initiatory session at 6:00pm the same day I arrived.  I made it just in time and was so grateful to spend some time in the peace of the temple.


I found I had a lot of time to myself.  One thing I enjoyed was watching the sunsets and sunrises around the island.

One night Becs and I decided to take a night out on the town.  After some serious deliberation we found a sushi place and took our dinners to a local park.  It turned out to be the coolest hang out spot on the island on a Saturday night.  There were tons of young kids playing volleyball.  There was a band playing somewhere in the back.  There were guys juggling glowing batons.  I don't think Becs knew what a great idea that was going to be, but it was a perfect way to spend the evening.



 

No comments: