On the event schedule it listed a Heroes of Hawaii event. I had no idea if it was a dinner, a luau, or what it was. But I am still trying to experience everything that is uniquely Kona so I went. I was a celebration of Hawaiian culture. There were local experts who taught us about coconuts, hula, fabric stamping, lei making, gourd percussion, and so many other fun games. It felt like a Polynesian Cultural Center experience just on a smaller scale. I loved it.
Towards the end of the evening we were privileged to watch some hula dancing by a local studio. There were nearly ten different dances that were all different styles performed by performers of all ages. It was beautiful. My heart was so full and I found myself thinking about my Dad for most of the performance actually and his love for the islands.
Trying to show off all the fun things I did that night. My kids would have loved it!






No comments:
Post a Comment