Saturday, June 9, 2018

State Gymnastics Meet

This has been a great season for McKenzie on her gymnastics team.  She's been working really hard on her routines and takes meet days pretty seriously.  We didn't know what to expect at the state meet, but she was hoping for the best.  There were a lot of athletes!

  I'm not exactly sure how they divide up the bronze team for competitions, but McKenzie ended up in the Junior A Child division.   I was babysitting another little two-year-old, so it was Daxton, Ana and I hanging out for the whole meet.  The kids made it hard for us to get up and move around to see her routines, but luckily we were sitting right up front for the bars and award podium.  McKenzie did a really good job, but then again so did all of the other girls and I didn't know if she'd end up placing or not.  Here were her scores: Bars 8.975, Beam 9.2, Floor 8.775, Vault 8.525; total score 35.475.  They were good enough for a 5th place beam finish and 6th place overall!  

Her smile coming out of the gym was fabulous!  I love seeing that girl succeed!

No comments: