Here we go for another day in London! With all of the trips I've had into the city, I've never been inside Westminster Abbey. The girls were curious and wanted to check it out with me, so while the boys toddled around outside, we went inside. It really was impressive; the statues, the monuments, the memorials, the tombs, the chapels. I didn't realize how many kings and queens were actually entombed there. While we toured there was a worship service going on. It would be really hard to be someone who wanted to worship there and have so many tourists walking around. I know it's a historical site, but that's tough. It made me grateful that our own temples are safeguarded from that.
We spent the rest of the morning walking around the city. We stopped for a telephone booth picture outside of #10 Downing Street.
Then we had a small picnic lunch in Trafalgar Square. That was actually my favorite part of the day.
We continued wandering up to Leicester Square and went into the Lego Store. We didn't buy anything, but we admired all of the Lego creations that were on display, like the underground...
and Big Ben. He didn't fit in just one shot.
The kids were able to try out this roller coaster set, which actually works.
A map of the subway, and the kids showing everywhere we've been.
This is probably the cleanest telephone booth I've ever seen.
On the stairs was a mural of the city. Super artistic!
The girls made miniature models of themselves while the boys played with some of the loose Legos.
After we had our fill building, we walked across the street to M&M world. I think there must have been sugar in the air because the kids were running around on a sugar high before they even took one bite of candy.
They each chose a bag of their own color mix, which they've been munching on pretty consistently since then.
Our last stop of the day was at Borough Market. I honestly didn't know if the kids would be interested in the market but I was pleasantly surprised. They all found something interesting to look at; fish, bread, jam, juice, berries, vegetables, candy. Oh! No picture, but we spotted some Turkish delight and I had to have the kids taste it. We tried orange, cherry, pomegranate pistachio, apple, and rose. They all loved them. We had powdered sugar covering our fingers and lips after eating them.
As we were walking my nose literally turned my head around as I walked past an Ethiopian stand. I don't even know what it was, but I bought it for lunch. Cambrie helped me eat it and liked it just as much as I did.
The rest of the kids preferred the pastries that Nana bought for them from a sweet shop. No surprise right?




















No comments:
Post a Comment