The girls were invited to a birthday party today at Skate City. Now, neither one of my girls have been skating before but they were excited to try it. McKenzie picked up on it right away and absolutely loved it. She could move on her own and especially enjoyed it when I put her between my legs and went super fast around the rink. She was all smiles! (I think I finally have an idea for a Christmas gift for her).
Cambrie was a little more cautious and had a harder time getting the hang of it. It really helped when one of the employees gave us the tip of having her march with her skates instead of walking. So we spent the next hour pretending we were squishing ants with her skates. She never really got the hang of it and preferred holding my hand to venturing out on her own, but I'm pretty sure she had a good time.
After we were done skating it was cake and ice-cream for the birthday girl then it was time to go home. I literally had to drag a screaming McKenzie off the rink, but I think I prefer that to dragging a child around who didn't want to be there. What do you think?
No comments:
Post a Comment