Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas with Nana & Papa

Leesa buys the girls' Christmas dresses every year and they always turn out so beautifully.  She has a knack for getting classic designs and pairs them with gorgeous bows and darling bracelets.  My girls always look like a million bucks come Christmas time.  I absolutely love it! 

This year there was a little drama with the dresses tickling and it was a little rough getting pictures of smiling girls, but once we promised them presents they cheered right up.  Can you tell they're excited? 

Cambrie has been anxiously waiting this day for months since she chose her present.  Back in October, Leesa took Cambrie to the American Girl Doll store and let her choose a doll that looked just like her; she chose Kit.  But Kit went home with Nana to be wrapped and Cambrie spent every day trying to guess which box Kit was wrapped in.  Thus far this doll has gone with us everywhere.  I have a feeling it will be Cambrie's best friend for a long time. 

McKenzie got a music player.  She turned it on and danced in circles until she was dizzy, then danced some more. 

The girls also opened new Christmas jammies. 

Wrestled in their Christmas jammies. 

And opened Christmas pillow cases. 

One of the biggest hits of the night was the gift that Bruce brought from China.  They are panda bear hats/scarves/mittens-all in one! 

They were hysterical! 

And cute! 

And frightening! 

Here is McKenzie with her goodies: 

Cambrie with hers: 

And then it was on to the adults.  I didn't even have to open my gifts, the girls did it for me. 

I received some new perfume (yea!).  It was much needed as mine leaked during the move.  Now I have a very delicious smelling decoupage box, but no perfume until now.  

I also got a new pair of mittens for the slopes (my fingers always, always get cold).  And a beautiful new painting for my house.  It encompasses all I love about Christmas and I'm so grateful that Leesa found it. 

Jeremy got a shiny new tie (he didn't have to open his presents either). 

And a custom made driver.  Unfortunately it was so custom made that it wasn't ready by the time we opened presents and Jeremy is still waiting anxiously for it to arrive.  Even though there is snow on the ground and it's barely 30 degrees outside, he still wants to go golfing.

 We gave Bruce some cash for some new golf shoes he's been wanting and we gave Leesa some picture books of our most recent adventures in Disneyland and Lake Powell. 

I had such a good time.  The most notable quotable of the evening was from McKenzie.  After she would finish unwrapping a present she'd hold up her finger and ask for "One more?  One more?"  Oh I can't wait for Christmas morning!

No comments: