Monday, December 19, 2011

Hammond's Candy Factory

To beat some stuck-at-home-because-it-is-cold-and-snowing-outside blues, McKenzie and I joined some friends at Hammond's Candy Factory this morning for a candy tour and candy shop stop.  It was actually really cool watching them make the candy.  The candy cane goo had to be pulled like taffy, layered by hand, twisted by hand, cut with scissors, then bent into a candy cane shape also by hand.  It was kind of hypnotizing to watch as a matter of fact.  I didn't know if I could get a good picture of Kenzie watching the show, but she turned and smiled like a pro. 

After the tour we each got a free candy cane.  I tried getting a picture of McKenzie holding her candy, but someone had just opened the doors to the candy store and I completely lost her attention at that point. 

We ended up picking up some candy for gingerbread houses, and I got some stocking stuffers.  She looks like she just robbed the place :)

No comments: