Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas snow

Last night as it started to snow, Cambrie opened the door and exclaimed, "Christmas snow!"  I couldn't agree more.  Christmas is in three short days and it's always nice to have a white Christmas.  This morning the girls were supposed to get their Christmas pictures taken, but seeing as the roads were impassable and the snow was just too inviting, we decided to reschedule and make today a play day.  We headed out to our back porch first just so that we could throw our girls into the snowdrifts out back.  Believe it or not, both girls are standing in this picture.  McKenzie didn't approve. 

After playing in the backyard a bit, our neighbors came out to play too and so we walked across the street for some miniature sledding.  While Jeremy packed down our route, the girls hung out waiting for the fun to begin. 


The hill wasn't very long and it wasn't very steep, but for Cambrie it was just right.  She could get the speed she wanted and could still trek up the hill. 

McKenzie still didn't approve of our activities, she was too cold, but we dragged her along for the ride anyway. 

Here's Jeremy heading down to meet Cambrie at the bottom. 

And just for kicks we hefted Cambrie up into the tree for a picture, "Hi!".  I hope the snow sticks around for Christmas!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I am so jealous of the snow!! I can't remember the last time it NEVER snowed before Christmas in Utah..it's a bummer!

The Petersons said...

So fun! Abby has been dying for it to snow but I don't expect a white Christmas in Phoenix. Actually, Philly has been surprising warm this year too. Your pictures remind me of sledding on the hill by your place at Valley High! :)