Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmas kick-off

While we were visiting Bruce and Leesa we went to their ward party.  I think we were the first ones there which meant that our girls had as much time with Santa as they wanted.  It was perfect. 

It was McKenzie's first time seeing the Big Man this year, so she wasn't sure what to expect.  But since her sister loved him, she decided he must be okay.  So she sat still, and gratefully accepted her goody bag with a very cautious expression on her face. 

After a dinner of pulled pork and cole slaw with cilantro (very good by the way), it was time for the Christmas program.  Each auxiliary was in charge of a performance, which of course included the primary.  Well my girls had been running around with other kids all night long.  Every time I looked around Cambrie was with another group of friends just having a ball.  So when they went up on stage, she followed.  She had no idea what was going on but wanted to participate anyway.  I couldn't believe it when I saw her up there and I just giggled the whole time. 

The children sang, "Christmas Bells are Ringing," and Cambrie had never heard that song before.  I had worked my way up to the front row to take pictures and I mouthed the words to her to help her out a bit.  Luckily they sang it about four times so she eventually got the knack of it.  That girl is nothing but surprises.  Sometimes she is a bold little performer, and sometimes she is a shy little elf.  We never know what to expect.   

No comments: