Somehow Cambrie and I were discussing typewriters the week before we left for Utah. I told her that my mom used to have some, and probably still did. I would type the occasional school report on them just for fun. Cambrie was so excited and in disbelief that Grandma would have something so "old!" I laughed and said that we could probably get them out when we went to visit. When my mom pulled these out of the closet, Cambrie's eyes lit up. She and my mom had so much fun typing, learning, and playing with them.
Cambrie even wrote a letter to her friend Ayla.
I love seeing the two of them like this.
Another activity that totally made Cambrie's day, was learning how to pour paint with Ivie. Ivie and Richie are family friends and have been living at my parents' house for awhile now. Ivie loves to paint, draw, sketch, and create. She's been making these canvases for various gifts and was gracious enough to teach all of us. It was awesome. It's a super simple process but you can never quite predict the result of what you've put together.
It was hard for the perfectionists among us to watch our paint sliding all over our canvas and not be able to do anything about it. The boys just thought it was awesome watching it slide around. The paint took almost two days to dry enough to stop shifting, and every time we looked at them something had changed. We're really happy with our results though. I think we just might be making these again.






No comments:
Post a Comment