Today one of Kelton's English dreams came true, he finally was able to ride the London Eye.
Being one of the biggest and most visible attractions in London meant that every time we rode into London he would ask if it was time to ride it yet. Now that Stockton is here, we could finally answer yes.
Kelton helping Stockton navigate his first train ride.
It turned out to be an incredibly hot day. The train ride was hot, waiting in line was hot, and by the time we made it to the Eye all of the kids were melting. It was a miracle that each one of those pods is air conditioned! The kids had a chance to sit down, drink, snack, and cool off while we admired the amazing view over the Thames.
If you need someone to retrieve the last few Pringles crumbs for you, just ask Daxton. His arm can reach the whole way down the can.
Bird's eye view of London
Off the Eye we walked over Westminster Bridge and took some pictures with Big Ben in the background.
The kids loved watching the birds float up and down in the river, and just sitting watching the world go by.
The boys were kind enough to share the refreshment of the "orange drink like lemonade."
A pic of my kiddos on the underground. They have become stellar travelers and I am so impressed with how comfortable they've become as we've done all of this adventuring. True, they were hot, tired, and black from touching too many things down there, but they were still smiling.
Hungry bellies? Five Guys burgers to the rescue! After our quick tube ride to Piccadilly Circus we popped up and there was the burger joint calling our names. The food was good but the air conditioning was heavenly.
This is what boys who have been fed and cooled off look like. So happy!
Lillywhite was right there in the circus too, so we stopped by to get some jerseys for the big boys and Cambrie. Leesa had already picked up the Manchester United kits for the little boys, but didn't know what Cambrie wanted. She ended up picking out a Chelsea jersey and Jeremy asked them to put her name and number on the back. (You'll get to see it on Monday when she officially opens her birthday present.)
She can't wait!
After Lillywhites the kids were done and Alysha had to get back home for a conference call. Bruce and Leesa escorted every one of them home. Their train ride looks like a party!
Jeremy only has one more day in London and he still has some serious sightseeing to do. Brody, Dantley, Jeremy and I spent the last few hours we had at the Churchill War Rooms. I feel like the exhibit is even better than it was before. We stayed for nearly two hours looking at all of the quotes, pictures, and artifacts. Once we finished the war rooms we needed to head back up to Piccadilly to pick up Cambrie's jersey. On the way I showed the boys St. James Park... (trying to take a candid picture of our group while walking proved to be more difficult than I expected.)
...and Buckingham Palace. They spent the visit trying to understand the British Commonwealth system and discussing why it is the way it is. Our answer: we still don't know.
I love this picture Jeremy and I took before getting back on the train at Waterloo. Twelve years ago I had just met this guy. This guy who was persistent enough to court me even though I was living in England and he was home in Utah. I fell in love with London during that summer and I think I always associate London with the exciting days of falling in love with Jeremy. I finally was able to be here with him and that was pretty much a dream come true.












No comments:
Post a Comment