Monday, July 10, 2017

Last day in London

One last day in London and I am so sad that it's our last.  We wanted the new recruits to see the Tower Bridge and I really wanted a family picture with the six of us.  It was a much sunnier day than our previous visit to the bridge and splashing in the gutter and splash pad actually sounded like a good idea. 
 

Papa showing off to the boys that his feet are so big that he didn't need to jump over the gutter.  

Stockton liked jumping over it as much as Kelton did.  

Rogers clan  

My crew.

Walking under the bridge is always cool.  We didn't go up to the glass floor this visit because we had to squeeze in other things before the day was done.  

Other things like another visit to the Tower.  

Leesa took the kids while the adults went on a Beefeater tour.  It was great being able to listen to him and learn more about the history than we did last time.  It was a win-win for everyone because the kids bought ice-cream cones and while stood in the sun!  

As soon as our Beefeater tour was done, a kids' friendly play began so we watched that while Jeremy and the other new recruits went to see the Crown Jewels.  We learned about threats to the tower and marched to the drum as we kept the tower safe from invaders.  




Once we were done with the Tower we hopped on the tube and headed to Covent Garden.  So many ways to ride!


  I wanted to visit the market and we were also on the hunt for a lunch spot.  Lunch was soo tasty.  It was fresh, it was flavorful, and I can't remember the name of where we ate.  I did however buy their cookbook because I was that impressed.  

The highlight for the boys though was seeing a $3 million Bugatti.  Who parks their $3 million car on the street?  Insane!  The boys shamelessly took pictures of themselves with the car for proof.  They won't smile in front of Buckingham Palace but they'll smile in front of a car.  Sigh.  

Farewell London.  We'll be back one day!

No comments: