The Kings are here, now it's time to really play! Leesa has a list of things to do with the family-and we only have one week to squeeze it all in, so let's get started! Our first visit was to Legoland Windsor. Even though we visited Legoland California earlier this year we were still excited to go while we are here. We love the models. We love the creativity. We love the rides. Most of the day was spent stuffing maps and socks into Kelton's shoes so that he hit that crucial 1.0m height mark. He is probably .97m so he was so close, and since Stockton is tall enough we just had to make it work. Most of the ride attendants were really patient and would triple check Kelton's height using all the tricks they knew to make sure he was tall enough. We rode spinning spider rides. We rode pirate ships. We rode log flumes. We rode the beetle bounce. We rode horses. We rode boats. We rode cars. And we rode roller coasters. It was a super full day of fun.
Star Wars displays were at the entrance to the park. The boys are just about the same size as the Ewoks and Bobafet here.
Pretty sure this is Tatooine. Help me Star Wars die hards!
Millennium Falcon
Wampa attack!
Visit from a real life storm trooper.
Kelton looks so little next to Darth Vader!
The spider ride was the first ride of the day. Alysha, Bruce and Leesa took one for the team and spun the kids as fast as their arms could go. The kids were squealing and having a blast. Even looking at these pictures now is making me dizzy!
I think they all stumbled a bit getting out of their logs, they were pretty dizzy themselves.
Waiting in line wasn't bad when you had Uncle D to toss you around!
I'm pretty sure we had decided to avoid wet rides since it wasn't that sunny, so I'm not really sure how we ended up on a log flume getting soaked by water jets.
Wet boys.
Dry us!
I sneakily snuck this picture off the display. I just loved McKenzie's face and couldn't resist.
The beetle bounce is the ride that Kelton probably rode twenty times in a row in California. All of us had a chance hoping in on the action (get it?! Ha!) Cambrie loved how it tickled her tummy.
I don't understand how these kids don't get dizzy.
In Heartlake City we found Mia's Riding Adventure which was one of the best rides of the trip. Our horses spun as we slid up and down the track. Even though the girls wanted to ride again, they weren't able to convince the boys to surrender their man cards to ride with them.
Inside Olivia's house was an entire model of Heartlake City. The girls walked around saying, "I have that set!" "I've always wanted that set!" "Look how awesome it is all put together!" "Our cities are really good like this too." That was pretty fun.
That ice cream looks delicious
In Lego City we found some boats for the kids to drive. I was pleasantly surprised that none of the kids drove us straight into a corner. Somehow we miraculously ended up at the end, even with the kids at the wheel!
I feel like these shots should be on National Geographic Shark Week
Kelton was looking forward to driving his car again. He and Stockton will be pros by the time they reach 16.
I was very impressed that the girls drove on the left side of the road. I was wondering which way they were going to go.
Lego City airfield was fun for the boys. "Mom, I can make it go up and down AND spin in circles!"
Miniland was awesome. It was like doing an entire European tour in twenty minutes.
Caerphilly Castle
Belgium cathedral
Every time the girls saw something they recognized from their visits so far they dashed over, "Mom, we were standing right here!"
Sacre Coeur
Brighton Pier
Buckingham Palace
London
Kelton recognized the Eiffel Tower and told me, "You went there, but I didn't get to go there. I will go next time when I am bigger!"
The whole world in fits in one picture!
The kids were also able to make their own Lego figurines. Cambrie made Rae, McKenzie made a doctor, Kelton made a pirate king, and we made and explorer for Daxton.
The crew in front of the London skyline. Appropriate wouldn't you say?
Illegally climbing on the battlements to say hello to our non-riders down below.
We pushed it to the very last minute the park was open, which may or may not have been a good idea as the kids were totally exhausted once we reached the car. They slept the whole drive home, through all of dinner, and the boys even missed dessert. It was still the 4th of July so we had a special patriotic dessert to celebrate.
It feels so anticlamatic celebrating Independence Day in another country. We had no fireworks, BBQ's, or picnics, but at least we had Legoland!




























No comments:
Post a Comment