Jeremy and I did something very unique for date night, we went to the Grizzly Rose. It is a local iconic cowboy bar of all things. They have swing dance nights, family nights, and concert nights. We decided to check out one of the concert nights to see what all of the rage was about. I can see why people love going there. The whole interior had been designed as an old west community. It meant that there were a lot of things to look at. Sawyer Brown was playing that night, and while I don't know many of his songs I couldn't doubt his energy while he was up on stage. He was an old guy who was doing what he loved. The dance floor filled up pretty quickly, and Jeremy and I can't dance anyway, so we wandered a bit and found some arcade games. We played Pac-Man and skee ball and shot some basketball hoops. We spent most of the time walking around with our root beer and Sprite listening to the music. Unfortunately my bedtime rolls around really early for the normal concert crowd. They were just beginning to get into the swing of things when I knew I needed to go home and go to bed. Even then it was a late night for me. I hope we can go back again on a swing dance night, because I can imagine the energy is just fabulous.

No comments:
Post a Comment