Saturday, July 24, 2021

It's Great to be 8!

Kelton has been very excited about his baptism for a long time now. So in some ways it was kind of nice that it snuck up on us! We got him all dressed up in his new suit, and I can't help but be impressed by what a handsome dude this kid is when he's all dressed up. We went over to McKay Lake to take some pictures for his invitation and his program. He was a trooper as I was trying to figure things out. Doesn't he look good!?
















 We are blessed that a lot of family was able to come out for the baptism. Even then, we had a couple of people who weren't there. My dad couldn't make it out because he wasn't feeling well, my grandma couldn't make it out, and Camille and Jake had to stay home because they're having a baby any day now.  
Thankfully there was a silver lining to Covid, we were able to zoom the baptism to those still in Utah. Jeremy performed the baptism and the confirmation. Kelton was taking it so seriously, it was adorable. He knows exactly what he's doing, and couldn't wait to take this step closer to his Savior. 






After the baptism we went home for a barbecue in our backyard. It was a fairly low-key deal, but still incredibly festive. He loved being the star of the show. 








He now has his own set of scriptures and his own scripture case. He's very excited about starting to take those to church. And in lieu of a CTR ring he has a CTR dog tag. I'm hoping that doesn't get lost as easily as those little rings. 






As it quieted down that afternoon, I asked Kelton to write in his journal about how he was feeling now that he was baptized. It's his journal, but I want to go and read what he wrote so badly! I'm proud of you little man.

No comments: