It's Cambrie's birthday! She's 14 years old. We had planned on going camping this weekend, but she informed us that she did not want to go hiking on her birthday. So we canceled the plans and ended up having a nice chill day as a family. McKenzie got the day started by buying her a crumble cookie.
The balloon decorations were pretty mild this year, but we did end up having four huge balloons that we inflated. The kids loved those huge balloons. They played with them in our room for nearly an hour, playing all sorts of silly games with them. I'm convinced that balloons are magic. 


We went somewhere new for lunch, a Greek place over by Target. It was nice to eat something besides a hamburger, and I really enjoyed my gyro. As we left Jeremy had a surprise. He had stashed silly string in his pocket so that when when Cambrie left the restaurant all of the kids attacked her with silly string. We got in the car and drove to our next destination, but had the windows rolled down and all the while we're singing Happy Birthday as loud as we could so that way the passebys on the sidewalk could hear us. Cambrie's face was beat red.


It took Cambrie awhile to decide what kind of family activities she wanted to do that day, but eventually settled on going to Color Me Mine. All of the kids got to choose something to paint, and Jeremy and I stepped up to help them when they got stuck. Daxton chose a cookie mug. Kelton chose a fish plate. McKenzie chose a goblet that she turned into the tri-wizard cup. Cambrie chose a multifaceted T-Rex, which ended up taking much longer than any of us had anticipated. After the little kids were done they were able to run outside and play in the playground that was right outside the door. That gave Cambrie a couple of hours to keep working on her T-Rex. It was fun having some quiet time just to do what she loves doing, creating.








The kids ended up going home and making dinner while Cambrie and I finished. They surprised us with some fun chalk art on the driveway when we arrived.

Back at home it was time for presents and cake. Because we had spent all afternoon painting, I didn't have a chance to actually wrap her presents. So we got creative and wrapped them in blankets scattered around the house. Her biggest gift was her lightsaber from Disney World, but we filled in the gaps a little bit. She had a new pair of shoes, two new rubber ducks, a brain puzzle, and a stuffed turtle.




She requested a cheesecake for her birthday and we topped it off with some mangoes to make it nice and tropical.


The next day I made sure to get a good picture of her all put together. She's starting to look more and more like a teenager everyday, she's really coming into her own. I never thought I'd have a teenager with purple hair but she is totally owning it and it looks good. I can't believe this girl is going to high school this year!


No comments:
Post a Comment