Friday, December 29, 2017

Midway Ice Castles

We were really lucky that the opening night for the ice castles in Midway worked for us.  We had never been at night and I was really excited to see how they looked all lit up.  I was not disappointed!  The colors were so pretty.  They lit some of the structures from the inside, had some rainbow lights casting on others, and topped the whole effect off with the Frozen soundtrack playing in the background. 

This was by far the largest castle we have ever been to.  The walls weren't as high as they will be later in the season, but the square footage was huge.  I wasn't sure if we were going to be able to keep the kids awake long enough to see it all. Luckily that wasn't an issue.  Something else we hadn't seen before were the ice slides.  There were three.  The largest double slide had a really long line, so we didn't wait for that.  The toddler size slide was perfect for our kids.   There was never a line and they just kept going and going.  Daxton absolutely loved it.  His favorite way to go down the slide was to slide on his stomach!  I thought that might be a little bit daring for him, but I guess not.  He never grew tired of that slide.  




Towards the end we found a medium size one that I went down.  No wonder the kids loved the other one, that was so much fun!  That line however, was also a little long so we only did that once.  

But here was the view from the top.  

As we wandered we found tunnels, lots of icicles, caves, benches, and a fountain! 














I wanted to capture everything on film, but I was having a hard time in the low light with the flash ruining some of the effect.  But then we discovered how well our phones worked!  I love how these silhouette pictures turned out!  


It was amazing, as always.  

I'm so glad everyone was game to go experience it with us.

No comments: