Saturday, December 23, 2017

Breakfast with Santa

Time for Breakfast with Santa!  The kids have been looking forward to hanging out with their cousins for awhile now.  I never can seem to find them when everyone is running around.  I'm taking that to mean they are out having a blast.
They are also really excited to let Santa know one last time what they want for Christmas!  I was really hoping that with all of the Santa exposure Daxton has had this month that he wouldn't be a screamer when he sat on Santa's lap.  Well, one can hope right?  

The other kids were all rock stars and knew exactly what they wanted to tell Santa.  The hugs that the kids give this magical man are fantastic!  I love seeing the joy on their faces. 
 



I have a dream of one day getting a perfect family picture with Santa, where everyone is smiling, looking at the camera, the set up is perfect, everyone's hair looks great, and magic is in the air.  Maybe that dream will come true one day.  Until then we are grateful for what we can get.


Rogers grandkids

All the great grand-daughters (minus one who was out sick.)

 Proof that Daxton is capable of a smile!  

After all of the kids (and big kids)...

...had a chance to visit with Santa, he made balloon creatures for each of them. 


The girls received a teddy bear and a frog, Kelton ended up with a flower somehow, and Daxton asked for a train.  I was just more impressed by the fact that he stood there willingly while Santa worked on it.  You can tell he's not totally comfortable with the situation, but he's putting up with it.  

All of the kids and their inflatable creations.

Once Santa took off to finish some last-minute Christmas preparations it was time for a reading of the Mismatched Nativity, where each family brought their own piece.  McKenzie made her star for Leesa this year and it was a fun way to show it off.

Then we moved onto cousin presents.  In the interest of time this year all of the grandkids did one huge group opening.  It definitely made things go by quickly, but I have no idea who ended up with what!  The only reason that was tricky was the final sorting/cleaning/ownership issues when everyone was leaving which can be crazy!

Talk about presents!  Look at these guys.


 Trains and a happy toddler

 Let the season continue!

No comments: