This is what it looks like to haul a family of six to Utah for Christmas for three weeks and everything that involves. I felt a little like a traveling circus and I was terrified of the road conditions due to a storm blowing through. Miraculously we made it without a single mishap!
Once we made it to Utah it was time to play. Our first family activity was at the Olympic Oval for some ice skating. My kids don't go often enough to be naturals as soon as they strap on their skates, but they pick it up quickly enough.
Daxton participated with the walker once or twice and loved that. He was really pretty content just watching the rest of us skate by.
The boys started out holding our hands before they felt like they were in control enough to tackle it on their own.
Kelton really worked up a sweat he was working so hard. Layers just kept coming off until he was just in his pants, which were great for keeping him dry.
McKenzie wanted to branch out and tried to work on her spins with Jeremy. She also worked on her speed seeing how fast she could get around that oval.
Cambrie and I took things a little more conservatively because our skates were not super comfortable. I tried to get her to do some crazy dance moves with me when I saw Bruce with the camera, but she just rolled her eyes and told me that I was so embarrassing. Ya, she's getting to that stage.
Brody and Jer showing off their moves.
This was our first real time hanging out with Dantley's new girlfriend, Cydney. They seem to be pretty fond of each other so I have a feeling that we'll be seeing her a lot in the future.



No comments:
Post a Comment