Monday, December 25, 2017

Christmas Day

The girls were super sweet and let us sleep in until 6:30.  I don't know what time they were up and moving, but 6:30 still felt early!  Cambrie and McKenzie got to work opening their presents right away.  

The girls each received their Christmas wish from Santa.  Cambrie now has a Polaroid camera (yes, they actually make those again.)  

McKenzie received her own iPod touch.  I have a feeling we are going to hear a lot of dance parties going on up in their room from now on.  

It seemed to be the year of American Girl doll accessories.  Both girls received new outfits and fun accessories for their dolls.  




Seeing how the boys were still asleep, Jeremy and I decided to get to work on our presents.  He and the girls totally surprised me with a pair of authentic cowgirl boots!  It's been a wish of mine for years and I'm so impressed they managed to surprise me.  


Jeremy knows I like being surprised, but it's hard when I end up picking up and wrapping my presents myself sometimes.  I wanted a new go-to coat that I could pack in small suitcases and would actually keep me warm.  I was shocked when I opened the box I had wrapped and Jeremy had switched it out for a coat he picked out.  Well done hun.   


It was the year of race gear for Jeremy and I.  I ended up with a new pair of fancy Roka running glasses, and a swim skin for our race in Hawaii.  

McKenzie was incredibly jealous that Jeremy received cookies in his presents and she didn't.  I'm curious to give those "healthy fuel" cookies a try.  

I also managed to surprise Jeremy by getting him Normatek recovery boots.  Those are the reason why we go to the Ironman expos.  They instantly make your legs feel more recovered and ready to go.  With the amount of training he's doing, they will be well used.  

The kids couldn't wait to give them a shot either!  

When the boys woke up the girls couldn't wait to help them open their gifts.  The kids drew names this year and it was so much fun for me seeing their excitement as they gave their gifts to their siblings.  Cambrie gave Kelton a new board game.  

McKenzie gave Daxton an animal train to go on his new tracks.  


Kelton gave McKenzie a sparkly notebook, pens, and a new little hedgehog.  


And Daxton "chose" a soap making kit for Cambrie.  

Some other highlights from the boys' gifts were the scooter and snowman bubble bomb Kelton received from Santa.  


He also has his own robe for those chilly mornings and a Paw Patrol watch.  


Daxton received a Cars Geo Trax set that he played with until the adults had to hide the remote.  
Bruce and Leesa gave him a magnetic gear set that he just loves. It hangs on the garage door and he can change the configuration any way he wants to.  

I also made the boys slumber sacks of their own which they quickly made little nests and didn't want to come out.  

When the Kings arrived the fun just kept going!  Bruce and Leesa picked up Manchester United jerseys from Lillywhites and had their names and numbers put on the back of their jerseys.  


The boys also received the craziest marble track I've ever seen.  Bruce and Cambrie started putting it together for the boys later that day but we didn't even finish it until the next day.  


The boys also ended up with Nerf guns like their daddy's did last year.  

More Christmas moments.






The fun wasn't done for the adults.  Bruce and Leesa had one more gift for us.  In keeping with the eyes closed theme from the night before, the girls closed their eyes and the boys had to help us unwrap the present.  I was laughing so hard.  

We all ended up with Instant Pots.  I am very excited and hope that it helps with some of the weeknight craziness.  

The kids with their hauls.  






Later that night we went over to Alysha and Brody's to spend time with the Pearce family and play games.  On the drive over Jeremy and I couldn't help but notice how gorgeous the sunset was reflecting off the mountains.  A storm came through that morning and cleaned up the air so it was so crisp and clean.  

One of the highlights of that night was the Pearce kids' gift to Louesa.  They gave her a new TV that will be simpler to use.  I love the surprised look on her face!  

Pictures with Grandma Pearce

Jeremy and I headed home somewhat early so we could get Jeremy to the airport early the next morning, but the kids stayed up late playing with their cousins.  I have no idea what time they came home.  All I know is that they didn't wake up until 9:00 or 10:00 the next morning.  That is unheard of for my kids!  Maybe the Warmies had something to do with it.  Daxton sure loves his.  Or maybe it was just because he had an awesome day packed full of fun.  

No comments: