The boys throwing snowballs at their new creation.
The first snow of the season also has a tendency to melt very quickly. It is Colorado after all, and we have bipolar weather. So as the snowman melted his way through the afternoon, Jeremy decided to have a bit of fun. He pulled his machete out and wondered what it would feel like to slice the snowman in half. We've only played fruit ninja with that sword and we were working with apples, not something as large as a snowman. He was a gentleman and let me have the first swing. That was surprisingly fun! The blade sliced through with no resistance at all. I kept slicing until Jeremy took the blade away so he could have a turn.
It was everything he hoped it was going to be. I realized a couple things as we sliced through the snowman: Jeremy and I sometimes act like children, I don't know how to really hold a sword, and slicing things up is a lot of fun. Kelton had given us permission to slice up his snowman in exchange for the chance to use the machete too. Should I be worried that Jeremy and I let our 4-year-old use a sword? Probably. In our defense it was completely supervised. Cambrie, McKenzie, and even Olivia M. took a swing too. It was like the world's most dangerous pinata game. What can I say? We live on the edge.





No comments:
Post a Comment