Friday, October 13, 2017

Cross Country fun

I mentioned in a previous post that Cambrie qualified for the Meridian cross country team again this year.  Today was race day and Cambrie was really excited.  As soon as she found her friends she ran off to have a good time while the rest of us just waited.  Many of the girls on the team this year are friends of ours anyway so it was especially fun.  

The Meridian girls team before the race.

Cambrie's goal this year was to pace herself and build throughout the race so she wouldn't crash at the end.  She did exactly what she was hoping to do and pulled off an 8:23.49.  I grow really excited when I see her racing.  I can feel her butterflies and I can feel her enthusiasm.  Who knows if she'll continue racing, but I'll take what I can for now.  


The Meridian girls took 3rd in the district so they have another trophy to add to the trophy case as school.  Nice work girls!
 

No comments: