Thursday, October 19, 2017

Lousy lice

I can now check off another item on my "mom experience" list; lice.  Every year we receive notifications from the school saying that there are active cases of lice, and to exercise vigilance.  I still wasn't prepared when I saw bugs crawling around McKenzie's head as we brushed her hair for the day.  Noooo!!!  Immediately my whole day changed directions.  Suddenly I was calling the school and excusing absences and tardies.  I was running to Target to pick up lice treatment kits.  I was stripping bedding, gathering blankets, soft animals, and coats.  I was boiling hair brushes.  I was sitting with a nit comb in the bathroom meticulously combing each and every strand of McKenzie's hair.  I was on the phone with friends letting them know what I found.  I was running a million loads of laundry.  I was freezing helmets and hair bows.  I was vacuuming floors, couches, and chairs.  

At least I had a cheerful face to keep me company!
.

Fast forward to dinner time and I still hadn't even dressed for the day.  I was exhausted, and I wasn't even done!  


All week we've been combing through the girls' hair making sure we didn't miss anything.  I've been making and remaking beds and making sure I didn't forget something important.  I hope this is a one-time deal!

No comments: