Maybe I shouldn't ask the girls to write blog post stories. They get a little weird... (The purple text is McKenzie, and green is Cambrie.)
"Once upon a time, there was an eclipse. And we watched it at the school!" (cue, dramatic music)
"Once upon a time, the Rogers were living at the time of an eclipse in North America!" ("Wait, write this instead.")
"One bright and sunny day, the Rogers were living at the time of an eclipse in North America! And they watched it with their special glasses." (duh, duh, duh!)
"All of a sudden the eclipse looked like a giant banana! Banana! Banana! Banana!"
"And the world plunged into darkness! ...in Wyoming...or Idaho...or wherever you could see the full eclipse."
"Kelton was watching with us, and he was dancing with Daxton on top of the rocks with a tutu."
"And the shadows looked weird, like the moon."
"There was a bite out of the sun!"
"And the glasses were special. It was dark like a welding mask."
"And the sun was a glowing crescent. And there was a shadow of Super Puzzle flying towards us!"
"And the next day, the girls were goofing off writing this blog post." (lots, and lots of ensuing laughter)
There is a lot of truth to their story however. We didn't go up to Wyoming with my parents, but instead watched it from the school. The boys came up with me and it was fun spending the time with the girls. Each and every class that came outside said, "Whoa!" in perfect unison. I laughed each time.
The only picture I was able to get with my phone showing the eclipse. My parents had the help of s sweet telescope!
We were at 93% coverage, and I thought it would be close enough to 100% that we wouldn't notice much difference. Nope. The stories I heard from my parents were completely different than ours. It went almost completely dark up in Idaho and the temperature dropped about fifteen degrees. That corona and diamond ring look amazing! I just may have to make sure I'm alive in 28 years to see the next one pass by here.





No comments:
Post a Comment