Jeremy took the girls to the high thrill rides right off the bat just in case crowds did show up. I took the boys to the kid zone. Kelton wanted to ride them all. Some of them he could go on by himself like the motorcycles, Jumping Jack, and Crazy Bus.
Some of them I needed to go on with him to supervise, like the train ride, spinning boat, and buckeroo roller coaster.
The problem we ran into however, was Daxton. He was old enough for many of them but was scared out of his wits. He'd wiggle to get out of my arms, grab my hand, and pull me away from the line shaking his head, "No," and stomping his feet. He wanted nothing to do with the rides. The only way I was able to get him on the train ride was because he is totally into trains right now and wanted to see the choo-choo. Sometimes he would whimper, then kind of tell himself, "I'm okay. I can do this. I'm on a choo-choo." He was a trooper, but you could tell he'd rather be anywhere else-like the stroller. I managed to get him on the ferris wheel too. As long as he didn't look over the side he was able to forget what sort of crazy thing his brother had talked him into.
When the girls came back they were so excited. The roller coasters were awesome according to their report. I took over for a few rides with the girls, and I agree, they were a lot of fun. Brain scrambler really did scramble my brain though. I swear I didn't used to be this wimpy when it came to roller coaster side effects. After a few rides we went back to get the boys and to go on a few family rides. Jeremy had spotted a log flume that looked like fun, so that's where we went. Somehow I was the one volunteered to go with the three kids. I'm glad we didn't do more reconnaissance before hopping in that line, because I'm not sure I would have agreed. It only went up, then down. No little drops, no little props to distract you from the final fall. As we were boarding I realized just how wet everyone was who was getting off. I kept my feet up off the floor that was flooded, and hoped for the best. The splash at the bottom was incredible! I don't know how a boat that size made a splashdown that big! We were completely soaked! Well, at least we still had most of the day to dry off.
We made our way across the bridge to the exit and I suddenly realized that the crashing wave from the boat completely swamps the bridge! I had Kelton in my hand and I started pulling him as fast as I could to try to beat the wave. I failed and we were wetter than we were when we had first come off the ride. Kelton was not too happy about being dragged down the stairs and getting wet again. Jeremy on the other hand was laughing hysterically because he had seen the whole thing.
I took Kelton to the bathroom to stand under the hand dryers while Jeremy took the two very wet girls on some more roller coasters. While Kelton was waiting for them to come back, he spotted the tilt-a-whirl and really wanted to do that. I have avoided spinning rides like the tilt-a-whirl for years and the girls know it. They wanted to spin it so fast that I would throw up-little minions! I had to close my eyes for the entire ride, but it was a lot of fun. Jeremy didn't seem to have any of the same problems.
It's a good thing we squeezed in as many thrill rides as possible because an afternoon thunderstorm came rolling in a shut down all of the aerial rides. We went back to the kiddie zone and let the kids ride the tea cups and other little rides while we crossed our fingers and waited for the storm to pass quickly.
It did and even though the boys were getting tired and the day was winding down we had time to each choose a couple final rides. The tall swings were pretty thrilling but I think they finally put me over the edge. I was very done after they let us down. But then the big drop ride open, and I had to do that one too. It drops farther than the Rocket and Lagoon and I just thought it would never reach the bottom. But didn't turn me in any circles or turn me upside down so I thought it was the best thrill ride of the day.
Jeremy wanted to ride the log flume and even though Kelton didn't want to experience that again, the girls happily obliged. He thought he had escaped most of the splash but made the same mistake I did and was swamped by the next boat. Now it was my turn to laugh!
We had promised the kids Dippin' Dots, and with the storm we had a hard time finding an open kiosk. We finally found one as we were walking out of the park and all the kids thought they were they coolest things ever.


















No comments:
Post a Comment