I've always had a soft spot for cowboys. So when my handsome husband turned up wearing this, I started giggling and smiling. That handsome cowboy is mine! The Risas' retreat was up at C Lazy U Ranch up in Granby. They were told last year that they needed to get boots, hats, and all the duds before showing up. I have to say that Jeremy cleans up pretty good.
Cell service wasn't awesome while he was gone, which is what you expect from a dude ranch, but we did receive the occasional pictures from his adventures. The girls sent him with some friends so that he wouldn't be lonely.
His room had a private balcony that had a great view of the valley. He said he also had a wood burning fireplace which would have been wonderful if it was a touch colder.
Nearly 200 horses live at the ranch and Jeremy said it was really neat watching all of them trot out to pasture for the night in a type of horse parade.
During their three days there they went horseback riding, hatchet throwing, shot bows and arrows, branded their boots, played poker, and he even squeezed in a mountain bike ride. It made me wish I was up there too, because that just looked like fun.
This is Clyde. Jeremy preferred riding him to Bam Bam because he was faster. But Bam Bam was smart and tried knocking Jeremy off by walking underneath a low hanging branch on purpose. Their handler laughed and said that Bam Bam does things like that all the time.
Horseback selfies are apparently harder than they look.
This looks like it could be some sort of marketing picture for Risas or C Lazy U, I love it!









No comments:
Post a Comment