Thursday, March 31, 2011

One by one

So it seems like every member of our family has a small little story to share today.  I'll start with McKenzie.  She rediscovered her slide from her birthday and has since learned how to slide all by herself.  The first few times she climbed up, sat down on her bottom and slid down normally.  She must have decided that took too much energy and started going down head first.  Once she was in position she would use her sticky hands to slowly lower her down the slide.  When her hands no longer had any grip, she slide down very quickly and totally face planted on the carpet.  Did she cry?  No. She laughed and laughed, then would climb back up for another go.  

Now for Cambrie.  While I was getting ready for the day, Cambrie walked into my bedroom and said, "Mom, can I make your bed for you?  I want to make Heavenly Father and Jesus happy."  I grinned a happy, satisfied, very sweet grin at my little girl and let her go ahead.  She made this all by herself and did a wonderful job. 

Jeremy just found out that after some schedule rearranging, he is able to go on a weekend golf trip to Arizona with his company.  They pay for the travel, the lodging, the food, and for all the golf that is played for the three days they are there.  He is very excited.  He has fully embraced the dentist/golfer stereotype and is loving his job. 

And lastly, I decided that the pain in my knee couldn't be ignored any longer, so I went to the physical therapist today.  I went in expecting just an initial evaluation, but it turned into an entire treatment session.  Come to find out, (A) pregnancy messed with my hips and the length of my legs, so my left leg is 6-8 mm longer than my right.  (B) I have been training too slowly for my body.  (C) I also have "medial patellar retenaculem irritation and pes anserine tendinitis."  Basically the side tendons that hold my knee cap in place, and the tendons that attach my hamstring to my knee are strained.  I need to keep my quadriceps stretched and strengthen my hamstrings to fix this.  But for today's treatment she gave me a really deep tissue massage (ouch!), stuck 14 needles in my knee (who knew I'd ever receive acupuncture treatments), and a little electrical stimulation (the strong tingling was really tingly).  Hopefully it will heal soon, but I have a feeling it will take awhile.  I get to go back for a couple more treatments after Ragnar, and I secretly hope it doesn't involve more needles.

1 comment:

Angela Mencl said...

my sister is doing a ragnar race... I am not sure if there is just one or not but she lives in Utah and has been training for it. you gals are crazy! I don't think I could do it! good luck