Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Doc Brown to Darling

Some of you may or may not have noticed McKenzie's hair as it's starting to grow in.  The top is just fine.  The back is a matted mess nearly all the time.  And the hair right behind her ears has grown the longest.  Most of the time her hair resembles Doc Brown's on "Back to the Future."  While yes, any hair on a little kid is cute, this has started driving me a little crazy.  Especially because elastics and hair bows last approximately ten seconds in her hair before she rips them out.  So tonight I decided to find my inner hair stylist and try to tame her mane.  We set up one of the girls' small chairs in our shower (two special treats), and had Cambrie sing to her while I trimmed away.  She sat remarkably still for a one-year-old.  It is true, I really have no idea how to cut hair, but I decided it was worth a shot. 

When we were finished it was shorter than I had planned on, but not nearly as hideous as it could have been.  It resembles a simple A-line hair cut.  (Kristen, if it doesn't, you are free to laugh at me).  Her neckline is so uneven that it's hard to tell where to take the line while still keeping it even on a wiggling head.  But I think it will do and should grow out a little cuter than her previous tangled mass. 

She was so proud of her new "do" that she pulled the stool from the bathroom and admired herself in the mirror before going to bed. 

5 comments:

Alan and Hannah said...

Looks cute! Well done.

Derek and Kristen said...

Looks great!! Little ones are always fun while they move.

Brett and Lauren said...

You did a really good job! She is so cute!

Caralee said...

Great job! It looks cute :)

Kendra Owens said...

Immso impressed Annette!! I never would have guessed you had cut her hair your self!!