Last Friday Jeremy and I celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary. Look how happy we were!
In my mind, five years is when you pass the newly married stage. It's an accomplishment to make it five years and it feels like we're entering a different stage in our lives. 

I have always secretly hoped that we could go back to the bed and breakfast for our five year anniversary where we spent our honeymoon. Since we're living in Colorado I didn't see how that was going to happen. But maybe being sick last week was a blessing in disguise. Because I was so sick, Jeremy flew out to Utah to help get us all home. And since he was there...since we had babysitters....it just all fell into place. So Friday night we went back to the Hines Mansion in Provo for a quick one-night getaway. Five years ago we spent the night in this room, Whispering Willows, and although it wasn't available for this trip it was fun to visit and reminisce.
This is where we sat down for the first time all day to rest our sore feet, and enjoyed some left over wedding cake and sandwiches after our reception, barely believing that we were actually married.
This time we felt like old pros at the marriage thing, and were actually able to focus on how cool our room, the Library, was. For example, there was a secret door in the wall that led to the bathroom! Cool? Yes!
There was also a spiral staircase right in the middle of the room. Cool? Yes!
And that spiral staircase led right up to a gigantic jetted tub. Cool? Yes!
And we were even able to enjoy some sparkling cider and cake in honor of the occasion. Sweet and romantic? Yes!
Needless to say we thoroughly enjoyed our night away, and it was so great being able to relax. I have to say that I am one lucky girl to have Jeremy for my husband. I hope we still feel like this after another five (or fifty-five) years.


2 comments:
Ahh, cute! Happy anniversary!
"Look how happy we were.":) You sound pretty happy in present tense, too! What a perfect way to celebrate your 5th anniversary!!
Post a Comment