Friday, March 18, 2011

Dance Recital

Cambrie's little friends, Peyton and Audrey signed up for a dance class called Taps 'N Toes at the Rec Center.  We decided to join them and have some fun.  It has been going for the last three months or so, and once Cambrie gets past the bow on her ballet shoes not being straight, the leotard tickling her armpits, and giving up on the tights completely...she enjoys it.  I have had a whole lot of fun watching her dance.  The girls are all about 3-5 years old, and are darling as they mimic their dance teacher, Ms. Nicola.  Last Friday was their dance recital, and I couldn't wait.  Cambrie got to have her hair curled and even wore a touch of make-up (I'm sorry, I couldn't resist dressing up my daughter).  They even got to wear special recital tutus for the performance.  Cambrie later informed me afterwards that the tutu tickled, but she didn't let it bother her.  I was so proud :) 

Here are some pictures of the performance.  She is in the bright pink and black leotard that she picked out at the beginning of the session.  I think it totally defines her.   They did two ballet dances, then put on their tap shoes for their jazz number.  Cambrie has missed the two previous classes, and I was really worried that she wouldn't remember what she was supposed to do.  You could tell that she was a little rusty, but she did all right.  Her favorite dance was "Hello Baby."  She really got into it, and actually did about 80% of the moves.  

After the performance we were able to get some pictures of her and her friends.  I think that this picture of the three of them just fits all of their personalities.  It was so much fun going to this class with these girls. 

I really hope to convince Cambrie to sign up for another session, because I really loved it.

  What a cute dancer!

1 comment:

jor johnson said...

goodness she is cute!!! That little dance outfit is adorable.