Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Lucy Loo




We just had the best weekend puppy sitting Lucy.  Our friends, the Eames, went out of town for Memorial Day, and we were the lucky ones who got to watch Lucy.  This was an experiment.  I've been allergic to dogs my whole life, but we are discovering that some dogs don't trigger my allergies and asthma as much as others.  Lucy is one of those dogs.  My skin still itches when I pet her, but by simply washing my hands I can fix that, and most importantly I could still breathe with her around.  It was good enough that she got to stay with us for five days.  Those five days were heaven for Cambrie.  As my pet-loving daughter, she wants nothing more than to have a dog of her own.  For that weekend Lucy was her little shadow, and when she couldn't follow and was left behind, would give us all the most enthusiastic welcome home.  My favorite was when she would spin endless circles at our feet, so excited to see us that she couldn't hold still.  



She was so playful and energetic that the boys loved playing with her and taking her on walks.  






I'm still not convinced that we could ever own a dog, but puppy sitting for a weekend with my kids who loved every minute of it, that we can do. 

No comments: