Saturday, June 5, 2021

Moab High Adventure

The youth were able to go down to Moab this year for high adventure.  Cambrie was really looking forward to it.  They had so many fun activities on the agenda: mountain biking, rappelling, zip-lining, hiking, and cliff jumping.  I would have killed for an agenda like that as a young woman.  I dropped her off at the church with strict instructions to take pictures and tell me stories when she came home.




 On the drive down.


 Well, I didn't see a single picture taken by her.  I did however get some stories.  She said that the canyoneering and rappelling was the best part.  I think she's part desert lizard and loves that kind of thing.  On the cliff jumping she was by far one of the boldest youth there.  She was the first girl off of the cliffs, and the second youth off of the highest one.  She was fearless...and terrified the bishop because of her bravery.  There were two bike routes, a harder one and a simpler one.  She wanted to go on the more difficult ride but was the only girl who spoke up.  She didn't want to be the only girl so she stuck around on the smaller loop.  Come to find out there were other girls who wanted to go too but that's ok, they still had fun.  The zip-lining was apparently great.  They flew between red rock cliffs and said it was a lot of fun.  By the time the leaders returned on Saturday afternoon they had a bunch of pretty exhausted kids.  I guess most of them spent more time talking than sleeping.  Cambrie, for her part, slept in a closet and managed to get a few more winks than those in big common rooms.  I'm just glad she was able to go and have so much fun!  

No comments: