Jeremy was still in Utah for most of my birthday. So the kids did everything they could to make me feel special. McKenzie started by making breakfast. She whipped up a banana chocolate chip scone. It was delightful. The rest of the kids are seriously enjoying her new love for baking.

It was also left up to the kids to prepare their presents for me.

Daxton and Kelton made some clay monsters for me.

Cambrie gave me my very own gum for the car. (They don't appreciate it that I only eat half of the cube and leave the other half for later). McKenzie spearheaded getting me some nice wooden cutting boards. She tried her hand at wood burning and wrote a sweet message on each of them for me.

Thanks kiddos.

I had been craving cheesecake, so that's what I whipped up. It is my birthday after all! I'm honestly a little shocked it looked so pretty.

A couple of days later Jeremy and I found some time to go out for dinner. We went to a trendy place downtown called Avanti. It is a combination of a bunch of little booth restaurants. You pick up what you want from each one then find a place in the common area to eat. It was super tasty!



No comments:
Post a Comment