Monday, July 2, 2018

Naga Canyon

Our final canyon in Capitol Reef was Naga.  This time the crew was Jeremy, me, Alan, Hannah, and Andrew.  The climb to get to the top was no joke.  We were all puffing and saying how we thought we were in such better shape that that.  


This canyon required a lot more down climbing than the others.  Jeremy is pretty confident down climbing.  Alan seemed to be confident.  Hannah and I were both pretty nervous but tried not to show it.  I don't know what we did while we were climbing, but my entire right side was sore the next day from this climb.  




There was also a puddle at the bottom of one of the drops.  Because I went last they were able to tow me to the water's edge.  It's not a big deal to jump in that old water...but it is.  I was glad I stayed dry.  

This canyon was also a nice change because the most impressive drop came at the end.  We felt like we were working up to a grand finale instead of having the best part come first.  The canyon spit us out at the edge of a cliff and we could see into the wash.  With the sunrise the way it was, it was so pretty.  No wonder Andrew likes living down here and going hiking all the time.  



No comments: