Monday, July 2, 2018

Fuita Campground

Back at camp the kids had a blast running around and getting dirty.  Not only were Faye and Sam there for my kids to play with, but the Stratfords made it too so there were lots of kids running around.  We hung up hammocks and the kids spent most of the time there.  It was shaded and a breeze kept it nice and cool.  Cambrie also made a swing out of rope and a branch.  I can't believe we didn't get a picture because it actually worked well!  


Kelton received an early birthday present from Sam, a PJ masks game. The kids walked around with these masks on for most of the trip.  

This looks hot.  Not sure how long they were hanging out here.  

Kelton seems to have the right idea.  The fans sprayed a mist that kept everyone nice and cool.  

Daxton refused to wear shoes.  I fought it at first, but then just gave up when he wasn't complaining.  I don't know how he made it through the trip without and pricklies pricking his feet, but he did.  And honestly, they weren't even that scratched up.  It was just easier that way than to fight this stubborn boy.  

He finally napped one day after a short drive.  Poor kid was wiped out!  

Also near the campgound were a couple of streams.  One is sulphur creek which will have its own post, but I'll put pleasant creek in here.  We hiked through the water until we came to some petroglyphs in the rock.  I liked the history, but I think the kids just liked the bags of chips I pulled out for snacks once we took a break.  


Fruita campground has a bunch of picnic spots too.  On our final day we went and played in the water to keep cool before heading to Goblin Valley.  The girls built this castle and I mentioned it looked like Bodiam Castle.  Well, that's what it was supposed to be so they did a great job.  

We had such a great time at that campground that we were hesitant to leave it.  But, leave we must.  So good-bye Capitol Reef!

No comments: