Picture this: Jeremy staying up late rigging a perfect balloon drop system for when Kelton came out of his door in the morning. Me listening anxiously for the boys all night to make sure that the right boy came out of the room first. Bright and early at 5:30 as I was going downstairs to workout I heard the knock saying that Kelton was awake. I pulled out the camera to get ready...as a completely naked boy came running out of his room! The balloons fell all around him and he laughed and said, "Thank you Daddy!" It was all so surprising and shocking that Jeremy and I both started laughing which woke up the other three kids. Unfortunately I had the camera out instead of the video camera so we didn't get the hilarious scene on film, just this one balloon shot before the appearance of naked Kelton.
We tried recreating the scene, but the original is always better. What a goofy way to start his five-year-old birthday!
He couldn't wait to get started on his presents so he opened the gift from McKenzie, which was a portrait of a McKenzie monkey and Kelton monkey playing together, as well as some gold doubloons.
As I was off taking the girls to their summer camps, Jeremy and Kelton went to the store to pick up one of his birthday gifts, a new bike. He's simply grown out of his early bike and needed something bigger to keep up with his sisters. He can't wait to take it to the bike park to really test it out.
"Look how fast I am Mommy!"
The real highlight of the day though was his birthday party at Monkey Bizness. He invited all of his friends from church and couldn't wait to play. We played there for three hours! Whenever I saw him dash past he had a huge smile on his face.
We took a break long enough for cake and ice-cream in the party room. He requested an Incredibles cake, and Jeremy, once again, did an amazing job.
All of Kelton's friends thought the fondant was play dough and they thought it was so funny that they were eating it.
Daxton had his piece devoured before all the other kids even had theirs in front of them.
We opted to have him open his presents there with his friends and it was fun to see how excited all of the kids were to see him open their gifts.
There may be a few more girls than boys, but look at all the great friends this kid has!
The boys opening up their gift bags on the drive home. I have Dash and Jack-Jack in the backseat keeping me safe.
Playing with some of his new toys. Kelton has been amazing sharing his new toys with his brother (who seems to think they were all his birthday presents).
Back at home we made pizzas and opened the rest of his family gifts. He has his very own marble works now and can't wait to open it.
His last gift was a complete surprise, we got him a rocket. We just don't launch enough rockets around here and decided it was time to remedy that.
Off they go to see how well it launches!
Happy birthday my little monkey!























No comments:
Post a Comment