Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Cambrie's 11th birthday

"What 11-year-old girl doesn't want to start her birthday by watching a documentary?"  That was the first question I asked Cambrie when I saw her the morning of her birthday.  She was so happy watching Planet Earth that I guess the answer was yes!  

She requested breakfast crepes for her birthday; banana, apple pie, whip cream, Nutella, bacon, deliciousness!  

After breakfast I really didn't see her much on her birthday.  She was spending the entire day up at sewing camp with her friend, Halle.  Five hours of uninterrupted creating time with a friend?  She couldn't have asked for a better way to spend her day.  

She came home just long enough to eat some dinner (a requested dinner of blue cheese, walnut, and linguine salad. What?!) and then she was off to a soccer game with her new team.  It's a low-stress summer league, which is why their team uniform includes tie-dye shirts, and it's just a fun way to play until the season starts.  She scored three goals for her team and came home in a very good mood, even though her face was bright red from the heat.  She wanted lava cakes for her birthday cake.  They were amazingly moist and gooey...so much so that the candles wouldn't even stay upright!  She blew them out before we even began singing Happy Birthday!  

Finally it was time for presents.  Kelton and McKenzie gave her their gift first.  They went around their rooms and found their own things that they thought Cambrie would like to have.  A turtle toy, dinosaur fossils, sparkling gems, and candy since she can finally have some now.  It was really sweet to see how excited everyone was.  

From Jeremy and I she received a new Kindle.  She reads so much we needed to get her a better screen than her iPod.  Her nose is going to be buried in that thing until school starts.  

She also received everything she needs to really paint: acrylic paints, canvases, brushes, and a box to store them.  


In her words, she received the perfect birthday presents.  

Apparently Jeremy was the birthday present wrapping paper swamp monster.

She's 11-years-old!  Can you believe it?  She's just one year away from Young Women's...wow, I can't believe her young childhood years have gone by so fast.  

No comments: