The next day we had a hard time getting out of bed. There was a light breeze blowing through our windows, the air was fresh, the sun wasn't yet beating down on us, and it was so pleasant that I didn't want to wake up the girls. But...they didn't have much choice. Breakfast at the hotel was delicious and there was something for everyone; crepes, turkey, cheese, baguettes, fruit, hard-boiled eggs. I'm glad there was a lot of it because I didn't know where we were going to find lunch.
I remember loving walking down the Place du Tertre when I was in Paris nearly twelve years ago. It was just around the corner from our hotel so we started our morning walking that direction. The girls found an Eiffel Tower picture they really liked and I thought it would make a good souveiner for their room, so we picked it up.
Next we kept walking until we found Sacre Coeur.
It was already buzzing with visitors early in the morning and the girls thought it was neat, but not nearly as neat as all the stairs they could run down in the Square Louise Michel. (Are you noticing a theme about running down stairs? They did it in the catacombs too.) I love that McKenzie has her hedgehog blanket with her and it's streaming behind her like a cape. We had forgotten jackets and the weather kept bouncing between freezing and sweltering, so it came in handy all day.
At the bottom.
On our walk to the metro station we found this Notre Dam carved from chocolate! It's a good thing we hit this store early in the morning because had it been closer to 3:00 I would have bought all of the chocolate there. Thinking about it now, I probably should have bought it all anyway!






No comments:
Post a Comment