What is more British than afternoon tea? (Hats maybe....football maybe...hedges maybe...Queen Elizabeth maybe...but that's besides the point!) I wanted to take my girls to afternoon tea just to experience it. Milestone Hotel near Kensington offers a Little Prince and Princess Tea just for kids under 12. That sounded perfect as then I didn't have to worry about worrying our neighbors. We dressed up in our new tea-party clothes, hats included, and took the train into town for some yummy treats.
Cambrie is fascinated by my new fascinator. I think it looks pretty good on her!
The tea room looks like a painting!
And we lounged on couches!
Our waiter showed us to our table and then proceeded to take our order. He was more than a little surprised when Leesa and I said that we didn't want any tea for tea. Instead we order juice, hot chocolate and milkshakes. What we were all really after was the tiers of sandwiches and pastries.
We tried to daintily eat our finger sandwiches, but it was awfully difficult not to lick our fingers clean....we did anyway.
Everything we tasted was delicious, and we cleaned up our plates.
Sorry, this was on my tier!
Goofy ladies
Everything was also super sweet and I heard words from McKenzie that I thought I'd never hear, "Mom, I think I had too much sugar." Of course, the discovery of sugar cubes may have helped that. McKenzie ate at least four or five.
Our empty plates weren't the end of our afternoon though, the girls were invited back with one of the pastry chefs to decorate their own cupcakes.
They each decorated one for the boys back home and we boxed them up to take home. Everyone was too wound up though to hold still and the cupcakes did not come home looking as pretty as they had before. No matter, a cupcake still tastes delicious slightly smushed.












No comments:
Post a Comment