The Nutcracker almost didn't happen this year because I put off getting tickets for so long. But we found a night that worked and the girls and I hit Salt Lake Capitol Theater for an awesome night. The ballet was fabulous as always. I think this is one of my girls' favorite holiday traditions. They ask all year when it will be time to go see Clara and her Nutcracker. This was my first time taking them to Capitol Theater together. It felt special because this is where my mom used to take me growing up.
After the performance we always go get a treat, normally ice-cream, but we were open for something new. Capitol Theater is really close to Temple Square and City Creek Mall so when we walked out we were in the center of Christmas celebrations in Salt Lake. We browsed the candy windows at Macy's, taking note of candies we can use for our gingerbread houses later.
We walked through Temple Square and saw all the trees covered with lights and marveled at the beauty of the reflection pool.
Then we walked through City Creek to see what treat we wanted to indulge in. The girls decided on splitting a candy cane caramel apple. It was a beautiful night with my girls. I'm so grateful for this Christmas tradition.






No comments:
Post a Comment