The last time my family participated in the Stratford Nativity and Christmas party I was pregnant with Kelton, so it's been four years. This year we met up with my crazy Stratford family at the party barn for food, fun, music, and our not-so-traditional nativity. Our chime choir competition, boys vs. girls, came first. Coming from a completely unbiased perspective, the girls won hands-down. Nice job ladies!
After putting away the chimes the aunts pulled out their boxes upon boxes of nativity costumes. It's always wild dividing up parts based on what costumes fit, and what part everyone wants to play. McKenzie was able to be Mary this year and was beyond thrilled.
Cambrie was a shepherd.
Kelton was a wiseman.
He was most excited about the present he was given to carry around. When the time came to give his gift to baby Jesus, he kind of kept it for himself instead.
I was an angel and Daxton was supposed to be my little cherub, but he absolutely refused to wear his gold tunic.
It was a success as always. I'm afraid that we may have missed some verses of the songs we sing this year, but the actual acting part was flawless. Our cast picture.
After we cleaned up Aunt Lisa surprised us by pulling out some cars for everyone to ride. The kids thoroughly enjoyed it.
But I was floored to see my Grandma riding out there. Her smile made her look like she was five years old again.







No comments:
Post a Comment