Ok, I'm all caught up on my blog entries so now it's probably time for a journal entry. Curious to know how I'm doing down here all locked away? You'll be happy to know that I'm not going crazy! Yippee! Having the computer down here has made all the difference because I can work on projects I never have time for. And I hate to say it, but I'm actually enjoying myself. Jeremy kept telling me to treat it like a vacation. In my mind a vacation is where you go and do new exciting things, and this is nothing like that. However, I've been able to relax and that is what a vacation is. I don't feel sick at all, which is both good and bad. Good because then I can relax and feeling good is always better than feeling bad. Bad, because I forget that I'm radioactive! I keep forgetting that I can't touch things. I wish that the radiation coming off of me was different colors so that I could keep track of how I'm doing. I would know what is contaminated and what wasn't, and what I could do to keep the radiation contained. Red. Red would be a great color. "Don't touch me!" It would scream. It has also been fun because friends keep leaving little surprises on my front porch. They drop it off, ring the bell or text me, and off they go. Just like doorbell ditching in days gone by. I have received bread, wedding cake, soup, and candy bars. I love surprises! And I'm very grateful for good friends who are trying to keep my spirits up knowing that in some ways this is still a super stinky situation.
Today I decided to try something new. The doctors said that my goal was to work all the radiation out I could by drinking a lot of water and sucking on sour candies. They also said that I could go on walks and runs outside providing I stayed away from everyone. So in an effort to sweat out some radiation I went on a run today. Oh my goodness. I was so stressed. Every dog walker that I saw in the distance put me into panic mode. "Where can I go to get out of the way?" I thought it would look really bizarre if I ran completely off the trail in the bushes, but I can't go near them at all, so I would try to turn down other paths to avoid them. I was in a constant state of fear. Needless to say, I didn't run long. I came home and threw my sweaty clothes in the wash as quickly as I could so they wouldn't get anything else dirty. The run felt great, just not as great as I was hoping. Now I'm on to my next project: my blog book. This one takes me hours and hours to complete so it will be perfect. Wish me luck and I'll let you know if I'm going nuts in another day or so. Oh, and Happy New Year!


No comments:
Post a Comment