Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Nothing is cuter than a naked newborn

About three days after Daxton was born I had the sudden desire to get some newborn pictures taken.  Not just ones at JC Penney, but the cute studio ones I saw where the baby is all wrapped up and the real star of the show.  I realized that I actually have a friend who does newborn pictures!  It was late so I thought I'd call her in the morning but imagine my surprise when she called me first wanting to take his pictures.  We set up an appointment for Monday morning and I couldn't wait.  My mom took the rest of the kids to the Children's Museum while Dax and I went to Danica's house.  It was the least stressful baby photo shoot I have ever been to.  She set everything up in her front room, I had a chair to sit in just to watch while Danica did everything else.  Daxton was still really sleepy so she could maneuver him where she wanted and he didn't stir.  She also had a space heater on to keep him nice and toast so we could get the fun naked baby pictures.  I wasn't able to get those kind of pictures with my other kids because they were simply too skinny.  Cambrie has a pointed bum picture that proves that!  But Daxton was a pound heavier and has just enough fat to keep him cute.  While Danica snapped pictures left and right, we just sat and chatted.  It was wonderful.  I couldn't believe it when I looked at my watch and realized three hours had just flown by.  We headed home and I just tried to be patient waiting for her to finish sorting and editing the pictures.  Every couple of days she would send me a teaser of what she had been working on which made me both excited and crazy at the same time.  I was finally able to go through them all yesterday and I love them!  I can't believe that's my cute baby.  And since I can post as many pictures on my blog as I please, you get to see all of the ones that make me smile :)





.














No comments: