Friday, February 26, 2016

A Night in Oz

McKenzie was so excited that she was able to go to the Daddy Daughter this year.  The theme was the Wizard of Oz.  I had no idea what type of dresses the girls should wear to go with the theme, so they just chose whatever they wanted.  Cambrie decided to wear her new dress, and McKenzie wanted to go all out in glam.  She chose her fanciest dress, tiara, and high heels.  


After they left I laughed to myself at the state of their bedroom and bathroom.  The rooms were a mess-clothes, brushes, shoes, hair spray, and unworn jewelry everywhere.  That scene will be repeated at every dance from now to eternity.  At the dance the girls were too embarrassed to dance with Jeremy the whole time.  They thought he danced like a crazy person, but that didn't stop them from slyly copying his dance moves.  They spent a lot of time running around with their friends.  The songs they knew they would sing along to, but apparently they don't know a lot of the more popular songs.  I'm okay with that.  They were some of the last to leave so they each brought home one of the Emerald City balloons used to decorate the gym.  I love seeing them come home full of smiles after a night of fun with their dad.

No comments: