Valentine's Day around here was fun, but I don't have many pictures to prove it. You'll just have to take my word for it. The week before Valentine's Day I decided to give the girls a small treat by their beds for when they woke up. In future years it will probably be love notes of some kind but they respond better to goodies now. They loved waking up and seeing a little surprise just for them.
The morning of Valentine's Day I had fully planned on making pink Valentine's Day pancakes, but those plans changed. Instead we picked up Jeremy from their airport first thing in the morning as he had been in Utah surprising his brother at the airport who just got home from his mission. He really enjoyed his trip and he even surprised me with some pearl earrings for Valentine's Day. They're so beautiful! I thought that once we got home from dropping off Jer we could still do the pancakes, but then I realized I had a presidency meeting. Unfortunately the girls just got pop-tarts for their breakfast at that point. Sorry girls. We went to the presidency meeting and they each came home with goodies from their friends. I apparently wasn't that prepared. But for lunch we did get PB & J heart-shaped sandwiches, so that was fun.
While they were eating lunch I whipped up a batch of sugar cookies for Jeremy's office and we surprised Jeremy with a lunch-time visit. The girls love seeing their dad at the office and I like the visits too (I even got another Valentine present from Jeremy this visit, some new CZ stud earrings). This visit wasn't as pleasant as others for Cambrie since we decided to take out Cambrie's fake teeth. The bands on her back teeth were really irritating her gums and we decided to make her a new set that fit a little better. She screamed and cried and was not at all pleased with the pain. But she got over that quickly enough once she decided that she looks really cute without any front teeth.
Earlier that morning the girls had seen their real Valentine's Day presents waiting for them on the table. After delivering more sugar cookies to some friends the girls FINALLY got to open them. They got new matching PJ's, and have been wearing them every night since.
When Jeremy got off work he surprised me with two more Valentine's Day jewelry gifts, some ruby earrings and a red stone necklace/earrings/ring set. It was a day of pearls, gems, and sparkley things. So much fun! I got Jeremy a new ski coat that he had been eyeing at REI and he's actually started wearing a coat to work now! So it must have been a success. Normally on Valentine's Day Jeremy and I make our own truffles. Since he had to work late that tradition has been postponed until we can fully enjoy the chocolate experimenting process. So while it was crazy and we weren't able to do all of the traditions we normally do, we still had a good time.
No comments:
Post a Comment